What is a GOOD Cover Letter?
The object of a cover letter is to set you apart from other applicants for the same position. Your letter should make a good first impression with your potential employer and help to convince them that you are worth granting an interview to.
A good cover letter should address all of the following:
- What is the position you are applying for?
- Where did you hear about the position? If a specific person referred you to the employer, identify this person.
- Who are you?
- Why are you interested in this position with this company?
- Why would you make a good match for this position?
- When are you going to follow up?